I want to share with all of you that incredible (to me!) recipe I’ve found online…well actually, my hubby sent me the photo through Pin Interest and I totally loved the idea!
So, I decided to try it this weekend, and…WOW…so good! Even our little ones who are so difficult loved it, and even more incredible, they loved the broccoli. I should say that usuammy, broccoli is not part of their diet, not that I don’t make it, but they never liked it…until now 🙂
I can say I am a proud mommy, but again, all thanks and glory go to my Lord Jesus, He’s the one who gives me the inspiration and the will to try and cook good meals for my family.
So here is below the recipe with the photo I took so you can see what it looks like. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did, and please, leave me your comments at the end.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls (I took the big & flaky ones)
- 2 cups chicken chunks, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli steamed and chopped
- 2 cans of cream of chicken (you could use 1 cup of Mayonnaise but the cream of chicken taste so much better!)
- 1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spread both cans of crescents length wise to form a long rectangle. Press each of the seams to form a single layer of dough.
This is how I made mine. I tried to make sure that all the pieces were stuck together and it worked fine 🙂
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, broccoli and cream of chicken (or mayonnaise). Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log.
4. Fold the dough strips over the top of the chicken mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
5. Brush the top of the braid with a beaten egg yolk.
6. Bake for 28 – 30 minutes until golden brown. I would precise to keep an eye on it. My oven cooks very fast, and I only needed to leave it for about 20 minutes so just keep an eye on your food 🙂 and here is the results:
So YES, not only it looks good BUT it tastes GREAT!
So let’s go and make your own. Don’t forget to let me know how you liked it 🙂
Enjoy your meal,